Tax Collector – Tim Weir
'History, Community, Progress’
Address: 805 E Walnut St.
Married to Yoshimi Weir
Children: Haruka (5th grade), Tomoki (2nd grade), and Misaki (Kindergarten) at North Wales Elementary
Employee at Fino Insurance Group in Harleysville
- Volunteer at North Wales Movie in the Park
- Participant at North Wales 4th of July Parade (Uncle Sam driving convertible)
- Head Coach for Basketball, Baseball, and Soccer for Towamencin Youth Association
- Vice President of Church Council at Christ United Methodist Church (Towamencin)
I want to continue the exemplary service provided by the retiring North Wales Borough Tax Collector, Diane Skudlarek. I intend to hold regular office hours that are both convenient for daytime and evening appointments and tax collection. In addition, I plan to make myself available to North Wales residents by phone, text, email, and Facebook. It is my goal to champion the rights of North Wales taxpayers and ensure that proper tax advice and explanation is convenient for all residents.
- Graduate of North Penn High School (Class of 1999)
- Graduate of the University of the Arts (Class of 2004)
- Successful Completion of the Act 48 Tax Collector Qualification Exam administered by the PA Training Hub for Municipal Learning
- Training and Orientation with retiring North Wales Tax Collector, Diane Skudlarek
- Endorsed for election by retiring Tax Collector, Diane Skudlarek
I was raised in nearby Towamencin Township and graduated from North Penn High School. Following graduation from the University of the Arts, I moved to Wilkes-Barre to work for the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Penguins Hockey Team. In 2006, I moved to Japan to work for the Hiroshima Carp Baseball Team.
In Japan, I met my wife, Yoshimi, and we had 3 children, Haruka, Tomoki, and Misaki. In 2012, our family made the decision to move to the United States to raise our children. As a North Penn area native, I selected to live in this area due to the ability to be close to family and the excellent school district. 5 years later, we are very happy with that decision.
Our family loves North Wales Borough because of true sense of community that our residents foster. Our children can walk around the neighborhood safely to visit friends, there is a great public park system, and there are fantastic community events that have allowed us to meet our neighbors. There are also a terrific bunch of individuals involved in public service committees and elected positions who do so much for the Borough. I want to be elected as Tax Collector so that I can increase my contribution to this great community.